Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pregnancy insomnia

Strangely, even though I'm incredibly tired these days, I can't seem to get a decent night's sleep. I just lie awake for most of the night, tossing and turning and trying to find a way to get comfortable.

Since I'm trying to look at the bright side of things, I will admit there's one good thing that's come of being awake all night: a couple nights ago, I got to hear Trey talking in his sleep.

Trey doesn't generally talk in his sleep. In fact, this is the first time in our nearly four years of marriage that I've had a conversation with him while he was sleeping. Here's how it went (and if it doesn't make much sense to you either, join the club):

Trey: Someone was having me for breakfast.
Me: What??

Trey: Someone was having me for breakfast.
Me: Trey, what are you talking about?
Trey: (In a slightly whiny voice) I don't know! (Buries his head in his pillow)

Me: Did you have a dream?
Trey: I think that might have been part of it. (Mumble, mumble). You know, those little sausage things? (Rolls over and goes back to sleep)

That's about it. I asked him about it in the morning, and he didn't remember a bit of it. I was really curious to find out if someone was just having him over for breakfast, or actually having him for breakfast. I guess we'll never know.

2 comments:

  1. well maybe your dream of turning me into guacamole had some lingering subconscious effect on me

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I thought about that too! I almost mentioned something about that in the post.

    ReplyDelete