Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sneaky, sneaky

Our pediatrician recommended that we start giving Perrin a vitamin supplement occasionally to make sure that he's getting enough iron. So we went out and bought infant vitamin drops for him. The only problem is he HATES it. I mentioned that little problem to doctor Davis, and she recommended that I mix it into applesauce to help mask the flavor. It worked! He made a funny face at first, but he was a good boy and ate all of his applesauce. Score one for mommy!

Funny thing is, I do the same thing for Trey. For example, we have some cauliflower in the freezer right now. Trey swore to me he wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. So I steamed it, mashed it, and mixed it into mashed potatoes. Trey ate every bite. Score one for wifey!

I just have to make sure the two most important guys in my life are getting all the nutrition they need. So if I have to be a bit sneaky about it, so be it. And if anyone else has good ideas for masking veggies, send them my way! (Just don't tell Trey!)

4 comments:

  1. Joe has this thing about not taking medicine, so I crushed up his pills and put them in his drink. After I fessed up about it, he told me he would divorce me if I ever sneaked anything into his food again. I've been a good girl since then. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "just don't tell trey," huh? good idea blogging about it, sweetheart. especially when you regularly ask me if i've been keeping up with your blog. sweet, silly wifey--i love you and your misguided sneakiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious" she totally has you stock up on pureed veggies to add to everything, even chocolate chip cookies. My mom says that she would add increasing amounts of pureed green beans to my pasta sauce until one day I told her that I didn't like spaghetti anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! As you know, I have been deceptively delicious for while now. I am sneaking veggies into all kinds of things!!

    ReplyDelete