Monday, September 13, 2010

Ugh

I've enjoyed almost all of Perrin's "firsts"--his first smile, first big boy bath, first laugh, first time to roll over, etc. But we're going through a not-so-fun "first" right now--his first cold.

He's almost 7 months old, so it was bound to happen sooner or later. I chalk it up to the wonders of breast milk that we've gotten this far without so much as a sniffle. But alas... our baby is now sick. And cranky. And covered in snot. (Seriously... I found a huge booger in his hair after getting him out of his crib this morning. I can only assume he sneezed and then rolled in it.)

I feel so helpless. There's just not much you can do for a sick infant except for suction his nose and cuddle him and pray that he recovers quickly. In the meantime, we're all miserable and sleepless. Plus I have this strange and irrational temptation to keep vigil by his crib all night long to make sure he's really going to be okay.

Having a sick baby is so sad. On the bright side, at least we're not both sick. Although I've probably just jinxed myself.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear he is sick- Piper has a yucky cold, too. She screams and fights the nose sucker like crazy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls and I all have it too. Now why couldn't I wait for fall to get here?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Perrin Grandpa is praying for him. I'll pray for you and Trey as well.

    ReplyDelete