Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kicking up a storm

Perrin is particularly active today. That's a good thing, except that it makes me much less productive at work. I seriously have been sitting here for the last half hour or so with my hand on my tummy and a goofy expression on my face as I stare at the wall. I have ten sticky notes lined up across my desk reminding me of things I need to do or people I need to call. But who can concentrate on work when there's a mini-person bouncing around inside you?

I haven't quite gotten over the weirdness of it all. It's very cool but a bit sci-fi sometimes to know that I'm growing a baby. I feel like superwoman--look what my body can do! I took the tiniest of all of Trey's cells, and I'm growing an entire person out of it! Someone once compared it to building a house together, and all the guy has to go is pick out the carpet. And while there are some not-so-great things that accompany pregnancy, the guys also miss out on the really cool parts. Like little baby kicks throughout the day that keep you from getting any work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment