Thursday, October 22, 2009

The nesting phenomenon

It seems that the nesting instinct has visited our house. But I'm not talking about me--I'm talking about Trey. A few nights ago, he got the idea to clean out our entire fridge. He threw away expired condiments, leftovers, and lunch meats. Then he took a wet rag and wiped everything down. Then he organized the remaining food (and pointed out to me exactly which shelf we will keep juice on, and which shelf we will keep leftovers on, and where the fruit goes, etc etc.) THEN he did the same thing with our two food cabinets.

I was feeling really tired and achy so I helped a little, but not much. I dragged a chair into the kitchen and mostly just sat watching in amazement at what I was seeing. This was pretty uncharacteristic behavior for Trey. Not that I'm complaining.

It's really cute that my husband is nesting. Now if only he'll go put those nesting instincts to work on his man cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment