Monday, October 5, 2009

It's an ear! It's a foot! It's... wait, what IS it??

Ultrasound technology is pretty darn nifty. Who would have thought some jelly and a remote control thing could give you an inside glimpse of a baby in the making? Even so, I had a really hard time figuring out exactly what I was looking at on the screen today when we went in for our 20-week ultrasound.

At times, I was able to pick out an arm or leg and nod enthusiastically when the nurse pointed it out. At other times, I just had to take her word for it. (That's the mouth, right? Oh, it's the heart? Right, of course I see that. Totally looks like a heart. That was my next guess.)

Luckily, she was able to get the baby into a nice position for us to see that we are in fact having a boy. (I knew it!!) She even drew us a nice little line on the computer screen pointing directly to his... well, anyway, it's obvious that we are definitely having a boy.

And without further ado, the wonder of ultrasound (which is not quite as wondrous as the ability of humans to grow new humans inside them, but still very cool):

No comments:

Post a Comment