Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sleeping baby

Ahhh... Perrin's taking a nap right now. I really should use the free time to get some work done or do a load of laundry or something. But I just can't seem to pry myself off the couch. It feels so good not to do anything for a few minutes! Plus, I'm tired. Perrin woke up at 1:00 this morning singing. Well, that's what I call it anyway because I'm not sure how else to describe it. He was obviously in a very happy mood and was delighting himself with his newly acquired vocal range. It would have been super cute if it wasn't 1:00 in the morning.

Nap times have gotten interesting. Perrin can't crawl yet... supposedly... but I think maybe he really can and he just hides that fact from us while he's awake. I'll put him down in a certain place in his crib facing a certain direction, and by the time he wakes up, he's in a completely different spot facing the opposite direction. How does he do it? I'm tempted to leave a camcorder on while he's napping. He's apparently much more mobile than I give him credit for. I have noticed that he's getting to where he can scoot himself across the floor a bit. He sticks his bottom way up in the air and pushes with his feet. It looks really funny! I guess that's probably how he's moving around in his crib.

He also drools an insane amount and leaves these giant spit puddles on his sheets. I'm a little afraid he's going to dehydrate. Or drown.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are taking a much deserved break! Gotta recharge your batteries, too. I think nap time should be nap time for Mama also!!

    ReplyDelete