Monday, June 21, 2010

The lengths we'll go to for a date

Trey and I used to go on dates a lot. So that's one thing that we REALLY miss now that we're parents. It's not that we never go on dates anymore; we just don't get to do it frequently, and it takes a lot more planning. And sometimes, it takes a little desperation.

A couple weeks ago, our church had a game night. The grand prize for the person with the most points at the end of the night was a $25 restaurant gift card. Trey and I were determined to win.

If you've ever seen the TV show "Minute to Win it," that's what these games were like. We balanced cookies on our foreheads and had to get them to our mouths only using the muscles in our face (for the record, I ate 3 and Trey ate 5. Not too shabby!) We sorted M&Ms by color using chopsticks and transferred M&Ms from one container to another by sucking them up with straws. We unrolled a roll of toilet paper around ourselves as quickly as we could. And, my personal favorite, we acted like elephants and knocked over cans:




Yes, my husband is wearing pantyhose on his head with a tennis ball inside. And yes, I got his permission before I posted these pics.
I'm happy to report that for all of our efforts, we emerged victorious and won the gift card. So we went on a date last weekend, and it didn't cost us a thing! (Well, except for our dignity.)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Hope you had fun, you deserve it after all that hard "work"! ;-)

    ReplyDelete