Thursday, December 3, 2009

The downside (pregnant at Thanksgiving, part 2)

My last blog post was all about why it's so great to be pregnant at Thanksgiving. Well, now I'm writing about why it's not so great.

I went in for my monthly prenatal appointment yesterday, and the doctor informed me that I had gained 10 pounds since last month's visit. Holy cow. From July to November, I'd managed to only gain 7 pounds total. So I was actually feeling pretty smug about how well I was managing my weight gain. In fact, I was a little below where I needed to be for optimum weight gain. But that was just fine and dandy by me. And then came the holidays....

The doctor said since I'd gained so little weight earlier in my pregnancy, the ten pounds in one month was not really a big deal. But he gave me strict instructions to not allow it to happen again over Christmas. ::sigh:: I suppose the days of grazing on leftover potatoes and pie are over. I'll try to be a good girl now.

No comments:

Post a Comment