Monday, December 21, 2009

That's a weird place for a stomach

I don't know if this is a normal pregnancy thing; in fact, I don't know if this is even possible... but I think my stomach has moved. Like, the actual organ has moved to a new location.

It really could just be my imagination, but I'm telling you... things feel different in there, and my stomach seems like it's about 5 or 6 inches north of where it should be. I know my insides are getting a bit crowded now that Perrin is a good 16 inches long and nearly 4 pounds. Is he perhaps kicking my organs around to make room? I really don't know. I'm not really concerned... even though it feels weird, it hasn't caused discomfort or kept me from eating. And I have to say, even if he did shove my stomach upwards, it's infinitely preferable to those moments when he plays kickball with my bladder.

3 comments:

  1. hopefully the fact that he's rearranging his living space now doesn't mean that he's destined to become an interior designer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe this is entirely possible! I remember feeling the same way! How's the demo going? (to the kitchen, not your guts)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitchen demolition is complete! And it was actually a lot easier and a lot less time consuming than we'd expected. I think that's the first time I've been able to say that about any home rennovation project. Now if only installation will go as well!

    ReplyDelete