Monday, November 30, 2009

Pregnant at Thanksgiving

I'm back at work today after a long (and good) Thanksgiving weekend. We had a blast, and I've decided that it's pretty nice to be pregnant during Thanksgiving for several reasons:

1. Everyone expects me to eat a lot because I'm pregnant. I was very happy to oblige. Actually, I would have eaten a lot even if I weren't pregnant, but this gives me a better excuse.

2. Maternity pants are the perfect pig-out pants. They're designed to grow with you. It doesn't matter that it's food and not baby causing the need for expansion.

3. It's fun to celebrate Thanksgiving when you have a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful we'll have a little half-Jayna, half-Trey baby crawling around and causing trouble in no time. And I'm thankful I have the best husband in the world to take on this gargantuan and slightly intimidating responsibility with. We may not know what we're doing as parents, but at least we get to be clueless together!

2 comments:

  1. well, you know how that old saying goes: "birds of a feather remain clueless about child-rearing together."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you mean "nerds of a feather"?

    ReplyDelete