Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What were they eating?!?

So, yesterday I joked about having a 20 pound baby. Today I read an article on AOL news about an Indonesian woman who birthed a 19.2 pound jumbo baby. Sadly, that's not even the record for biggest baby--that goes to some poor woman's 22.44 pounder.

I really was only kidding--I had no idea a 20 pound baby was even plausible. I mean, a car tire weighs 20 pounds. A lot of medium-sized dogs (including my corgi) weigh 20 pounds. And this hamburger also weighs 20 pounds:

Maybe those women had a few of these during their pregnancies. That's the only explanation I can come up with, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that news article, too, and thought of you. Have you asked mom how big Trey was when he was born? I think he was in the 8-10 lb range (which in terms of babies is a big range I guess) but, all that to say, that I think you have nothing to worry about. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she said Trey was 9 something... which is still pretty big! She also gave me a picture of him at about 3 months. He was pretty chunky. Cute, but chunky. :)

    ReplyDelete