Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dear Lord, please don't let me have a 20 pound baby. Amen.

I finally got around to posing for a picture to show off my pregnant belly. I've been hesitant to do it before now because I felt like I didn't really look pregnant--just fat. Now that I think it's pretty clear that it's a baby and not twinkies causing the bulge, I have a new concern: If I'm looking like this at only 18 weeks, how on earth am I going to fit through a door by the time I'm nearing the finish line?

I keep hearing stories of all these women who didn't show at all until their 7th month. That's not going to be my story, obviously. For goodness' sake, I've already been asked if I'm having twins!! (I'm not, in case anyone else was wondering the same thing!)

So, here I am at 18 weeks...rather poochy. I'm only half joking about the 20 pound baby thing.






1 comment: