Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nom nom nom

Perrin is starting to realize that there's better food out there than the mushy goo he's used to getting. I can't sit down near him with a meal or even a snack without him pulling up on my leg and looking up at me with his sweet baby eyes, begging for a taste. How can I say no? I've let him try my tuna sandwiches, baked beans, fresh fruit, potatoes... pretty much anything that's not a choking hazard or coated in sugar. So far he really hasn't met a grown-up food he doesn't like.

But like all babies, he also tries to eat plenty of inedible things. Today we were at WalMart and I heard him smacking his lips. I looked down, and my grocery list had a big bite taken out of the corner. Unfortunately, that's not the first time he's eaten paper... I've had to learn to keep my magazines out of reach. To me, they're reading material; to Perrin, they're a buffet.

He's also been trying his best to get his hands (and mouth) on one of Molly's rawhide chews. So far I've managed to keep him from getting a taste, but considering how Molly will leave those things tucked away in various hiding spots throughout the house, I'm betting it's only a matter of time before Perrin comes across one.

I wonder when this stage of eating everything will pass. For now, I know that's just how he experiences the world--by tasting it. Too bad we don't live in a Willy Wonka world... I've had that song stuck in my head all day. ("You can even eat the dishes....")

No comments:

Post a Comment