Saturday, October 23, 2010

Daddy and Bubba

Perrin has become quite talkative these days. His favorite word is "Dada." The thing is, I'm not sure if he knows what that means and is saying it intentionally. I know he's starting to understand words--I can say "ball," and he'll pick up his ball. I can say, "help me turn off the light," and he'll reach over and try to flip the light switch. So I'm sure he knows what I mean when I say "Daddy," and I think it's very possible that when he says "Dada," he's also talking about that tall, funny guy who's always hanging around.

For some reason, he's not as proficient at saying "Mama." At least, not when he's trying to say it in association with me. I think he's come up with a different word for me: Bubba.

Unfortunately, the mental image I get of "Bubba" is a flannel-wearing redneck with a beer in hand. ::sigh:: I hope he masters the difference between his B's and M's soon. Until then, Perrin is the only one allowed to call me Bubba.

No comments:

Post a Comment