Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. I love Thanksgiving because I feel like it's the most untainted of all the holidays. And this Thanksgiving was particularly good because it was our first Thanksgiving with Perrin! He rather enjoyed it too--he got to try all kinds of new foods. (I won't go into details about the interesting colors that showed up in his diapers later on... perhaps we overdid it a bit on the sweet potatoes.)

This has been a really challenging, unpredictable, crazy, wonderful year. Trey and I have had to make major adjustments, sacrifice our time, live on a shoestring budget, and sacrificially give and give to a baby who demands more of us than I could have envisioned. But it's been magical too. I never would have thought I could fall so deeply in love with this tiny person who drools, cries, poops, and doesn't speak English.

I'm thankful for Trey, too. Having a baby has given me greater appreciation and admiration for single parents. How do they do it?? I couldn't have asked for a better partner to take on this gargantuan task of raising a child with me. Not only does he provide for us so I can be home with Perrin, but he's also a pro at feeding, diapering, and making Perrin giggle like there's no tomorrow.

Thank you, God, for the amazing family you've given to me!

1 comment: