Thursday, July 22, 2010

Monkey boy

Now that Perrin is 5 months old, we've decided to start him on a little rice cereal to see how he likes it and to get him used to eating food from a spoon. He tried it for the first time last week and LOVED it. He kept trying to steal the spoon away from me, and when I wouldn't hand it over, he lunged toward the food like he was starving.

Thanks to my mom, who is always trying to sneak him a taste of this or that, we've discovered something he loves even more than rice cereal--bananas. So today as a little treat, instead of giving him rice cereal, I mashed up a bit of banana and thinned it with breast milk. His eyes were wide with excitement after the first bite. If I didn't feed him fast enough, he started whimpering. And oh, the mess... banana paste was everywhere. (How exactly did it wind up on my shoulder??) And when all the banana was gone, he was absolutely livid! He screamed at me as I tried my best to wash him up. I had to go distract him with some toys to get his mind off the banana.

Temper tantrum aside, I'm kind of looking forward to introducing him to some other foods soon. But somehow I don't think he's going to get as excited over green beans.

2 comments:

  1. yay! Piper loves bananas, too. I can't believe ho big he is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny, with Keiran I waited until the day he turned 6 months to start him on solids, with Rylan, I had no problem waiting. I would have waited longer, but his weight had dropped a bit at his 6 month check up. Have fun and lots of rags for clean-up!

    ReplyDelete