Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dedication Day

Sunday was Perrin's baby dedication at church. It was great--very special and meaningful. Not to mention Perrin looked ADORABLE in his suit and tie. We bought it specifically for his dedication, but now I'm trying to think of other excuses for him to get all dressed up. Babies can wear suits to the grocery store, right? And to the library, and to visit Grandma, and at the park?

On a more serious note, it's kind of starting to hit me just how big of a responsibility we have ahead of us as parents. I feel so blessed to have Perrin, but I feel inadequate too--probably as most parents do. Am I going to be able to do enough to help him grow spiritually, physically, emotionally, and intellectually? I guess the short answer is no--I'll never reach that magical place of "enough." But I just have to trust that God will fill in where I fall short as a parent.


2 comments:

  1. Amen! I think the fact that you have enough sense to take this thing seriously means you are already doing a great job. I feel the same way- so unprepared to RASIE someone! Yikes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you felt competent for the task, it would be a sure sign you weren't. Sounds like you have a healthy respect for the magnitude of the task! The good news is you're not in charge anyway. God will give you your instructions as you need them--the only way to really screw up is to stop listening to Him.

    ReplyDelete