Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Catching up

Has it really been almost three months since I last posted a blog? Geez. I guess I need to update all my faithful followers (all three of you--hi, mom!) on what's been going on in the Richardson house. 

In a nutshell: Perrin turned four, Brielle hit the terrible twos (even though she's not quite 18 months), Trey and I are training for the Warrior Dash (4-mile obstacle course and mud run), we're planning a family trip to Disney World very soon (but I won't tell the dates just in case any of you were planning on breaking into our house while we're gone), and we're doing lots of work on our land in Jacksonville in hopes that we'll be able to build a new (bigger) house sometime in the next couple of years. (Cuz you know how many bathrooms we have? One. You know how many people are in our house? Four. And for some reason my kids think "Mommy has to go to the bathroom" means "Let's go have family bonding time in the bathroom.")

Whew. So we've been busy. And although I love writing and blogging, it's one of those things that's been temporarily shelved while I'm in the years of temper tantrums and boo boos and mud pies and bedtime snuggles and toys all over the floor and annoying cartoons and pet bugs and more cuteness and frustration than I ever thought possible. 

Someday I'll pick up my pens and journals and writers' guides again and maybe accomplish something more in a typical day than scraping unidentifiable orange goo from the underside of the dining room table. But until then, I'm content to be in this season of life. Just look at these cuties! 



1 comment: