Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thrill rides! Or... frogs.

I'm a little bit of an adrenaline junkie. I LOVE roller coasters; I've gone skydiving twice and zip lining once. I've never met a thrill ride I wouldn't try. I remember telling my mom when I was about 13 or 14 that I could never marry a man who didn't like roller coasters.

Guess what? When I met Trey, he didn't like thrill rides. That was absolutely unacceptable. So I'm proud to say that I have reformed his wayward opinions and shown him the light when it comes to the magnificence of hurling through the air upside down at 80 miles an hour.

But given that Trey has a history of bench-sitting at amusement parks, I'm a little concerned that it might be in his genes. So I'm taking precautions to make sure that Perrin develops an early love of thrill rides.

We just got back from Silver Dollar City... and I'm happy to report that Perrin had a blast! He wasn't quite big enough for even the smallest of roller coasters (they actually do have one designed for the 4-8 year-olds), but we had a good time riding the bouncing frogs and the caterpillars.

I think Perrin is well on his way to following in his mommy's footsteps.











No comments:

Post a Comment