Friday, May 7, 2010

Living in the present

Throughout my pregnancy, I kept looking forward to the next big milestone. I couldn't wait to feel the baby move, then I couldn't wait to find out if we were having a boy or girl, then I couldn't wait to just get the boy out of me. I had a hard time enjoying the present because I was focused more on whatever was coming next. Now that Perrin is here, I find myself doing the same thing. I can't wait for him to crawl because he'll be soooo cute; I can't wait for him to walk so I don't have to carry him everywhere; I can't wait for him to talk so he can tell me what he wants; etc, etc.

But at the same time, I don't want to wish away the time too quickly. He won't be our tiny newborn baby for long. He's already grown so much. I'm making a new goal to just revel in whatever stage he's in and not try to wish it away too quickly.

So here's where we are: Perrin has recently learned to blow spit bubbles and has discovered his right foot. I'm very proud. :)

2 comments:

  1. You should be proud!

    Time goes by too fast, and don't be surprised if you find yourself looking back at these days wishing Perrin would stay where you put him and be entertained by his own foot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words, Elizabeth. I keep finding myself in love with each stage Piper goes through. (most of the time) ;-)

    ReplyDelete