Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bookie monster

Perrin likes to eat paper. I don't know why. He's taken bites out of my grocery lists, magazines, and even a check we got in the mail. Last week, he gnawed on the corner pages of one of my library books. The damage wasn't very bad, so we went ahead and returned the book to the library, not thinking they would say anything about it. Well, they did. We got an email saying that the corners seemed to have undergone "animal damage" and the book would need to be replaced for a whopping $30.

So I was sitting on the living room floor this morning feeling a bit irritated at our little "animal." I mean, $30 is a lot of money! Couldn't he have chewed on some credit card offers or something instead? But then, as if sensing my lack of motherly love, he crawled over to me, pulled himself into my lap, leaned in and gave me a big kiss. ::sigh:: How can I stay angry? At least he isn't out setting fire to our lawn or wrecking our car. Yet.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I can't believe they noticed....the Cabot library always ignored things like that. You better stop Perrin from doing anymore animal damage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book damage, $30. Enjoying a good book, priceless!

    ReplyDelete