Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mr. Mischief

One of my favorite things to do in the evening is soak in a hot bubble bath and read a magazine. It's a luxurious, 20-minute break from being a mommy. Tonight, I decided I needed my 20-minutes of "me time." Trey agreed to be on baby duty, so I started running the water and getting the bath all ready.

While I was in the bedroom waiting for the tub to fill, I noticed Perrin crawling into the bathroom. "Hey, Trey," I yelled, "Can you get Perrin?"

He called for him like a dog: "Here, Perrin. Come here." Surprise, surprise--that didn't work.

Oh well. I could see him well enough from the bedroom to make sure he wasn't diving into the bathtub. So I figured it was no big deal. Unfortunately, I couldn't see him well enough to realize what he was doing. He was digging through the bathroom trash and methodically throwing bits and pieces into my bath water. By the time I got there, huge gobs of toilet paper and other unidentifiable things were floating around.

Trey came and got Perrin, and I began draining the tub and cleaning up the mess. The toilet paper gobbed up the drain, so the tub took FOREVER to empty. But I was determined to make the best of things, so I began running another bath. Unfortunately, there was some toilet paper stuck to the sides of the tub that I hadn't seen. And since I had already run one bath, I ran out of hot water part of the way through. So I ended up with about an inch of lukewarm, toilet paper infested water. Seriously NOT what I had in mind.

I guess I might have to start taking my baths after Perrin goes to sleep for the evening. And perhaps take out the bathroom trash more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment