Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Am I done yet? Do I want to be?

My belly button is officially inside out. It looks bizarre... and it reminds me of those plastic button things that pop out of the turkey once it's done cooking. So if my belly button is any indication, I'm just about done, too.

My due date is still 4 weeks away, and the general assumption is that first babies tend to come late. If genetics play any role, that won't be the case--my mom's first baby, my older brother, arrived 3 weeks early. So if I follow in her footsteps, that would put me on course to go into labor next week. Hmm... now that it feels so immediate, I'm not sure that I'm ready after all!!!

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way. I was SO ready to not be pregnant anymore, but didn't feel ready to take care of a newborn yet. You are doing great and are on the final countdown!!

    ReplyDelete