Saturday, December 22, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve!

I'm really excited about Christmas this year, mostly because Perrin is really excited about Christmas this year. He's had the hardest time staying away from the wrapped presents under the tree--he knows they're for him and he's just dying to open them. (And he's nearly succeeded a couple of times when I had my back turned).

 Yesterday when I asked him what he wants for Christmas, he said, "A baby." I wasn't sure if I'd heard him right, so I asked him to tell me again. "I want two Brielles," he said. Ha. As much as I love Brielle, I'm really glad we only have one of her right now. Sorry Perrin--no more Brielles for us. But I do think it's sweet that he wants another Brielle for Christmas.

I've spent a lot of time this year teaching Perrin the Christmas story with a child-friendly nativity set. He wants to play with it and hear the story just about every day. So he knows all about Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus, but he's still pretty hazy on the idea of Santa. We took him to the library to let him meet Santa last week, and he totally did not understand the concept of sitting on Santa's lap to tell him what he wants for Christmas. Instead, he looked back at us like, "Who is this guy, again?"
 
So we never actually got him to sit on Santa's lap. Oh well. He's had lots of other fun experiences this Christmas season, like helping bake and decorate sugar cookies (oh, the mess) and watching classic Christmas cartoons (over and over and over and over and over) and decorating a gingerbread train (which he sneakily munched on over the next couple of weeks until I finally threw it away) and entertaining us with his debut performance as a drummer boy in our church Christmas play (where he spent part of the time drumming the poinsettias instead of his drum and part of the time wandering aimlessly across the stage with his back turned to the audience. But he sure looked cute doing it!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment