Thursday, July 5, 2012

Busy week, happy boy

Perrin is taking a nice, long nap right now. I think he's making up for being on the go constantly the past few days. Monday he went with his Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Paul, and cousin Brandon (or as Perrin calls him, "Bacon") to the zoo. Tuesday he went with them to the Children's Museum. Tuesday night we took the boys to Chuck E Cheese (Trey and I did our duty and played about 50 rounds of skeeball to earn the boys enough tickets to buy toys and candy. I'm sure the prizes equate to roughly $5 per tiny box of nerds, but hey... you gotta do what you gotta do). Wednesday we took them to the park, then to Brandon's Granny's house to swim in the pool.

Whew. That's a lot of fun packed into a few days for a 2 and 3 year-old. But I have to say, they are sooooooo cute together! Every morning this week, Perrin has been waking up and saying, "Play with Bacon!" And since Perrin likes to run away, Brandon made it his personal mission to go after Perrin and drag him by the hand back to the group every time Perrin tried to go off and explore. "Bacon" comes in handy!

A couple things I noticed this week: Perrin has become really social. He's not a baby anymore. He's interested in making friends and having adventures on his own away from Mommy. Kind of sad. The other thing I noticed is that he's bossy. I don't know how many times I overheard him saying stuff like, "Bacon, sit. Bacon, come here. Bacon, stop that." I have no idea where he could have gotten his bossiness from. As I told Trey the other day, I'm certainly not bossy. I just know what everyone else is supposed to be doing at all times.

Brandon is headed back home to Northwest Arkansas today, so Perrin has lost his new BFF until next visit. When Perrin asked about "Bacon" this morning, I tried to explain that he had gone back home and we would see him again someday soon. I was feeling kind of sad for my boy, knowing that a month or two is like a lifetime when you're a toddler. I asked him if he missed Brandon. He nodded. Then he told me I have pretty toes. I guess he's not too choked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment