Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hide and seek

Perrin's new favorite game is hide and seek. Not the kind where he hides and I find him, but the kind where he takes random objects and hides them in really weird places throughout the house. I find his duplo blocks in our remote control basket, his stuffed animals in our pantry, and his puzzle pieces in our bathtub. I think he might have thrown a few things in the trash too... (bye bye, toys).

Yesterday he got a jalapeno out of our refrigerator. (He kept lunging for it every time I had the fridge open, so I finally let him have it. Some things just are not worth fighting over). When I finished doing the dishes, I was looking around trying to find the jalapeno. I couldn't find it anywhere! I figured he must have found some new, strange spot to put it. I imagined it would turn up somewhere, maybe a week later. Turns out it didn't take that long--when the dishes were done running, I opened the door and there in the silverware basket was a very clean jalapeno (perhaps slightly cooked too).

I've had a lot of trouble finding things lately--pieces of jewelry, socks, bookmarks, etc. It seems like nothing is in its right place. I thought I was just getting a little absent minded. But I think now I've figured out the truth.

1 comment:

  1. Probably give him a carrot next time. The oils in jalapenos are wicked painful if they get in his or your eyes or skin via baby fingernails. (Just cutting up jalapenos makes my nose and throat start to itch!) He would probably loooove a carrot, tho. My boys used to teeth on carrots. Just keep an eye on him with foods as he's likely to chomp little pieces off.

    ReplyDelete