Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Praise God for good days

Yesterday was probably about as good as a day with a newborn can get. Perrin woke up in a good mood, and while I took a shower, he sat in the bathroom in his car seat and grinned at Trey's towel. (On a side note, we'd tried all morning to get him to smile at us before Trey left for work, but he just stared at us, wide-eyed. It's kind of sad that a towel was the clear winner, but oh well.) After I fed him, we went for a stroll around the block. It was a gorgeous day, and Perrin enjoyed looking around at the trees and at various parts of the stroller. (Again, I'm not sure what the appeal is there, but hey, as long as it keeps him occupied...)

He took a nice, long nap around noon so I was able to eat lunch and get a few things done around the house. When he woke up, I took him on the deck and read a book while he sat in his seat in the shade and watched Molly. Then I took him inside and laid down with him on a blanket on the floor and made funny faces at him. He made funny faces back and even smiled at me a few times.

Around dinner time, I put him in his swing, and he didn't put up a fight about it at all. Once again, I got to eat a meal without him screaming! Then it was time for a bath. Perrin LOVES bath time. He wasn't so fond of sponge baths, but stick him down in a tub full of warm water and he's as happy as can be! I climbed in with him and scrubbed him up really good.

I fed him one last time around 8:30, and Trey rocked him to sleep and put him down in his crib. He fell asleep fairly quickly and slept for six and a half glorious hours before waking up hungry. Not too shabby for a six-week-old. Now if only he'd have days like this more often...

1 comment:

  1. congrats, sounds like the beginning of a schedule is happening. Here's hoping and lots of love and prayers are coming your way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete